Help Keep the Victory Hall COVID-19 Secure
1. You must not enter if you or anyone in your household has COVID-19 symptoms.
2. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms within 48hours of visiting these premises alert Test, Track and Trace. Alert the booking secretary on 07768 292154 and alert the organiser of the activity you attended. You must seek a COVID-19 antigen test.
3. Maintain 2 metres social distancing as far as possible: Wait behind the marked lines as you go through the entrance hall to your activity and observe the one-way system marked.
4. Use the hand sanitiser provided on entering the premises. Clean your hands often. Soap and paper towels are provided.
5. Avoid touching your face, nose, or eyes. Clean your hands if you do.
6. Face coverings MUST be worn unless an exemption applies to a person (eg for health reasons, those aged under 11) or a person has a reasonable excuse not to wear a face covering (eg when taking part in an activity to which an exemption applies). This is a legal requirement.
7. “Catch it, Bin it, Kill it”. Tissues should be disposed of into one of the rubbish bags provided. Then wash your hands.
8. Check the organisers of your activity have cleaned door handles, tables, other equipment, sinks and surfaces before you arrived. Keep them clean. We cannot clean all surfaces at the hall between each hire.
9. Take turns to use confined spaces such as corridors, kitchen and toilet areas. Standing or sitting next to someone is lower risk than opposite them. Briefly passing another person in a confined space is low risk.
10. Keep the hall well ventilated. Close doors and windows on leaving.
11. Wash your clothes when you get home to reduce risk of transmission.
The Rule of 6
Recreation, leisure and social gatherings:
COVID-secure community facilities are permitted to hold social groups, clubs and activities in groups of no more than 6. Community facilities can host multiple groups of 6, subject to capacity, but groups must not mix socially or form larger groups.
In activities where there is a significant likelihood of groups mixing and socialising, these activities will not be allowed.
Informal sport groups must be limited to 6 people. You may choose to run sequential sessions but no individual can take part in both sessions.
Yoga, Pilates, Fitness with Emily, Fitsteps, Tai Chi and Qigong are exercise groups. These larger classes must not allow groups of 6 to merge to form a larger group.
It is essential that if you attend these groups, you must consider this as a class of individuals. There must be social distancing and no socialisation in a group larger than 6, either within the car park or in the Hall. The Hall will limit the group size to 15 to allow each individual to have a discrete 3m square for their activity.
The files and links below are:
- Permitted uses for the Hall under present UK Government advice
- Our guide to performing a risk assessment for your activity or hire
- A questionnaire for a group returning to the Hall
- The special conditions of hire for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The current advice of the UK Government in helping you in "Staying safe outside your home" and advice about masks